2012 is coming off to a great start. Today I have
- Launched multiple rocket balloons, whose multimillion dollar satellite payloads are now withering away in our neighbors' shrubs. (Not really, but it's a nice thought, anyway).
- Watched Little Miss Kickboxer climb on her Learning Tower and make hot chocolate from skim milk, chocolate chips, and cinnamon--all by her big-girl three-year-old self.
- Fabricated a cookie monster on a red spaceship AND a martian, both out of playdough, both on a mission to Mars or Jupiter or wherever Little Miss Kickboxer wanted to send them.
- Watched and discussed with Little Miss Kickboxer Youtube videos about the Mars Rover and about Jupiter, just to keep the astro interest alive.
- Made Gulasch for the husband in my fabulous slow cooker (2 lbs dead cow, chopped into pieces + two onions, chopped into rings + 1 red bell pepper + 1 cup chicken broth + 1.5 cups Barilla organic tomato and basil sauce; stick everything in the crockpot on high for 4 hours, then cock the lid for 2 more hours or until liquid reduces to half the amount and thickens naturally; DUNZO!)
- Sneezed, coughed, and contemplated the purchase of Depends. Ahem.
- Watched a 90-minute episode of Das Traumschiff, which still is super-German and utterly predictable.
- Watched a 30-minute episode of Lindenstrasse, which is still the best German soap EVAH.
- Peeled dried spots of hot chocolate off the green play rug. With soap and a paper towel.
- Coughed and sneezed some more (ewwwwwww ...).
- Worn a firefighter helmet to approach our fireplace (because the almighty angelchild commanded me to) (no soap involved).
- Built dragons and rescued them from falling into the potty--the "baby potty," mind you, where all our toys go poop.
- Cheered one of my dear friends on who's just given birth to triplets via her first c-section.
- Shlepped my fabulously dragonrescuing daughter to Menard's to pick up a doormat, which she got to pick out--and for which she picked the perfect design.
- Read stories, hung up laundry, stared at snow flurries, shivered in the icy wind, eaten chocolate ...
- And tried to figure out how to entertain the loveliest of daughters tomorrow, when preschool is still not in session. Ah, the possibilities (NOT!). Ah, the fingerpaint projects, the handknitting, the cooking, what have you ...
- Thought about New Year's Resolutions that I'd like to make, and the ones I can realistically achieve.
We'll see what this year brings. After all that 2011 did to us, I'm still leery about ever trusting a year again, especially an even leap year that isn't even divisible by three and does not end in -y (and how silly does "Hi there, Twenty-Twelvy" sound?).
Pardon me while I step into the bathroom.